Linehan Institute Benefit
Honoring Brandon & Michi Marshall
NY Jets Wide Receiver & Founders of PROJECT 375
April 4, 2016
Dream Downtown, 355 West 16th Street
New York, NY
Thank you to those who joined us for an unforgettable evening. We are grateful to all of you who contributed to a successful awareness and fundraising event. We hope you enjoyed the evening as much as we did!
Linehan 10,000 Gold Stars Honorees
Brandon Marshall – New York Jets wide receiver and Executive Chairman of PROJECT 375
Michi Marshall – Executive Vice President of PROJECT 375
Learn more about the honorees:
Special thanks goes to Dawkins Productions/bpdvideo.com for producing this video.
Master of Ceremonies
DBT Changes Lives
There are so many stories about how DBT has changed lives and provided many with hope. More of these success stories are told by clients who have received DBT.
While we celebrate those whose lives have been transformed by DBT, there are still so many who are under-served and not receiving critical help.
Your generosity helps expand DBT education and training, provide compassionate resources to those who suffer, and support new research. Together, we make this life-changing and effective treatment accessible and help those suffering find renewed lives.
Help the Linehan Institute impact lives.
If you did not get the opportunity to donate at the Benefit, you can still make an online donation.
Photos from This Year's Benefit
View more photos from the Benefit with password "linehan"!
How your donations help:
At least 135 million people worldwide suffer from severe problems with emotion regulation; DBT can help these people.
Training & Education:
- Over 30,000 clinicians attended a Linehan DBT workshop or training in the past 10 years. They’ve impacted approximately 1.5 million individuals through DBT principles and skills.
- With your help, we've provided training to VA hospitals, public school systems, public mental health systems, prisons and jails, areas at high risk for suicide, and expanded treatment worldwide into Argentina, Turkey, Brazil, Greece, Egypt, Russia, and more.
- Funds donated from the Linehan Institute to the DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, the legal entity providing certification for DBT clinicians, programs, and skills trainers, helped launch the DBT Certification program to support competently delivered, evidence-based treatment.
- The first cohort of 57 certified DBT therapists completed the process in 2015.
Compassion, Resources, and Advocacy:
- Presentations at national conferences like NAMI and partnerships with support organizations like PROJECT 375 and NEABPD help provide resources and hope for those suffering and for their loved ones.
- The Behavioral Tech Clinical Resource Directory helps connect those in need of DBT with clinicians who completed DBT Intensive or Foundational Training.
- Funds raised help support research to improve treatment and treatment delivery and help develop new technologies in training and treatment.
- Research on treatment and treatment delivery was published and presented at multiple international professional and consumer conferences.
Linehan Benefit Committee
Molly Carmel, Benefit Chair
The Linehan Institute was founded by Marsha Linehan, PhD, ABPP, Professor of Psychology at the University of Washington. Dr. Linehan has dedicated her life to working with people whose lives are at risk due to crippling and incapacitating psychological problems. Dr. Linehan is the treatment developer and driving force behind Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). In clinical trials around the world, DBT has been shown to cut suicide attempts in half and reduce psychiatric hospitalization. It has also been found effective at treating BPD, substance dependence, depression, PTSD, and eating disorders. You can read more about Dr. Linehan’s amazing, personal journey as featured in The New York Times.
Linehan Institute Board of Directors
- Alan Fruzzetti
- André Ivanoff — President
- Marsha Linehan
- Helen McGough — Secretary
- Barbara Petty
- Geraldine Rodriguez
- Richard Stuart
Thank you to our 2016 Linehan Institute Benefit Sponsors:
Clearview Treatment Programs — Gold Circle Sponsor
- Newport Academy — Silver Circle Sponsor
- Serenity Recovery NYC — Silver Circle Sponsor
- Silver Hill Hospital — Silver Circle Sponsor
- 3East at McLean Hospital — Bronze Circle Sponsor
- Brooklyn Heights Behavioral Associates — Bronze Circle Sponsor
- Cognitive Behavioral Associates — Bronze Circle Sponsor
- Hartstein Psychological Services — Bronze Circle Sponsor
- Sunrise Residential Treatment Center — Bronze Circle Sponsor
- Center for Motivation and Change — Friends of DBT Sponsor
- Cognitive & Behavioral Consultants — Friends of DBT Sponsors
- Guilford Press — Friends of DBT Sponsor
- Lippincott Massie McQuilkin — Friends of DBT Sponsor
If you are interested in sponsoring the 2016 Linehan Institute Benefit, please contact Emma Croston, Special Events Manager, at email@example.com or call 206.675.8588.