We all have a stake in competently delivered, effective DBT
- Medical professionals and their patients have long benefited from certification practices; it is imperative that mental health practitioners begin the rigorous quality assurance process that certification will provide.
- DBT patients, their families, and funders deserve the assurance that the treatment they are receiving is truly the effective, evidence-based treatment.
- DBT practitioners will benefit by participating in a system that demonstrates commitment to excellence as clinicians.
- Increasing the number of states and insurance companies providing higher rates of reimbursement to DBT-certified practitioners, is a goal of the DBT-LBC.
- States and insurance companies seek a certification process that carries Dr. Linehan's highly reputed scientific standards.
How Can You Help?
- The DBT-LBC designed a process approved by Marsha Linehan, the treatment developer, to ensure individuals get the real DBT and launched its program for the certification of individual therapists in July 2014.
- We need your participation, too. How? By making a financial contribution to support programmatic needs that can't be sustainably met by the volunteers. We need you to add to their investment by making a tax-deductible contribution today.
The DBT-LBC is a non-profit 501(c)(6) in the process of completing its non-profit filing with the IRS. You may make a tax deductible gift to the Linehan Institute, an established 501(c)(3). Your gift will be forwarded to the certification efforts of the DBT-LBC.